I cant belive it`s part 5 of the CopicMarkerNorge competition! I think perhaps my sweet man must be tired about me fussing about this competition. It`s just a hobby right? I`ve had to tell myself several times now that this is just for fun, dont take it to serious:)
I really would like to thank CMN for this great competition. It's made me learn, and do, new techniques, and I like trying new things, just need a push:)
So this time we`re supposed to make a background for our motifs. At first I thought it should be some clouds or a mountain etc, but CMN clarified that it was not enough to mask together two stamps, we were to make our own background to mount our motif on. We had to use our imagination. I decided to make my own designpaper.
Then I figured I needed some new stuff, some of my markers were dry, and I really wanted an airbrush, so why wait?? :D I left an order late one evening at one of my favourite shops. The next day they sent it, so the day after it was in my mailbox. Superfast service!! Thank you Bikuben:)
So here are my background, I made three of them. You cant believe how much fun I had making them:)
The first one: I started with dotting the whole paper with RV95. Then I stamped with a Script stamp from Prima. I stamped with memento rich cocoa, I inked up the stamp and stamped three times before inking it up again. That way the script didnt get to dominating. At last I airbrushed the whole paper with RV95. I didnt want the airbrushing to be even, it`s supposed to look abit uneven. This is my first time with the airbrushing, so the uneven part was really easy *laughing*:)
I inked the edges with vintage photo before I adhered it to a brown bazzill.
The second one: I really liked the outcome of this one. With a stamp from Stempelglede Vintage Garden, I stamped the edges with Versamark. Then I embossed it with UTEE clear. I airbrushed it with RV99. This time I wanted it a bit darker on the edges. Then I used some blender on a q-tips, and very carefully removed the ink from the raised embossed areas. I had to be careful not to destroy the airbrushing inbetween the embossing. I used some time on that one!
The third and last one: I colored up an embossingfolder from Spellbinders. I used Y35, YG63 and RV95. I picked the colors from the motif I`d colored. Then I took a pice of X-press it blending card, used a mini-mister to spray it with blender, and ran it through the grand calibur. That way the color got transferred to the paper. The whites was a bit to white I thought, so I airbrushed a thin layer of RV91 on top of it.
Then I needed to make the rest of the card. I`ve got to say, I really had some trouble with this one. The RV`s wouldnt play nice! I usually like to color my motifs with very dark and light colors, getting a high contrast. But this time the RV99 wouldnt play nice..(when does it ever?)...so I went for a more soft look, achieving some contrast by using RV0000 as my lightest color, and RV95 as my darkest color.
The sweet girl is Crystal from Make It Crafty, she is printed on x-press it blending card. My backgroundpapers are also made from x-press it.
I tried something new when I colored the skin this time. I first put on a layer of BV00 for the shadows, then I layered the rest of the colors. It gave the skin another tint than what I normally get. Usually I go over with BV00 at the end. The result got a bit more muted this way I would say.
The roses are also colored with copics, they were originally white roses from WOC. The cheesecloth is also from WOC. The twine is from Hero Arts. I`ve used a corner dies from Whimsy. The tag is from a friend. Both the tag and corners are colored with RV91.
These are the copics I`ve used:
skin: BV00, R20, E11, 00, 000, 0000
hair: E40, 42, 44, 47
dress/shoes: RV0000, 000, 91, 93, 95
shadow: N0, 2, 3, 5
rose: YG61, 63, 67, Y000, 21, 35
I wish you all a very nice week. Hugs:)